Richard is admitted to practice law in New York after receiving his Juris Doctor professional doctorate from University at Buffalo Law School as well as a Master of Business Administration Degree and Bachelor of Science Degree in the School of Business Administration.
He was a member of the Erie County Surrogate’s Court staff under Surrogate Judges, Hon. William J. Regan, Hon. John J. Honan, and Hon. Joseph S. Mattina and retired from the court after more than 23 years of public service as a Legal Department Attorney continuing his practice of law before retired Erie County Surrogate Judge, Hon. Barbara Howe and current Surrogate Judge, Acea M. Mosey.
Richard is a proud veteran who served three and one-half years of active duty military service with the United States Navy and Air Force.
- Fiorella & Schwind, LLP, Attorney, 2007 – Present
- Attorney at Law, Private Practice, 1966 – 1979, 2002 – 2007
- Erie County Surrogate’s Court, Legal Department Attorney, 1979 – 2002
- Eastman Machine Company, Corporation Counsel, 1970 – 1979
- Canisius College School of Business, Adjunct Professor, 1962 – 1969
- Marine Midland Bank, Estate Planning and Trust Tax Officer, 1959 – 1966
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Surrogate’s Court Practice and Procedure Committee
- Elder Law Committee of the Bar Association of Erie County
- Estate Analysts of Western New York
- New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Speaker
- Surrogate’s Court Practice and Procedure Committee Recognition Award
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you.